Thursday, September 30, 2010

What is for supper in September? Day 30: Pakistani Kima

I can’t believe it, but I actually caught up! This is my 18th post of the day! I was very committed to finishing what I started. I am really good at starting things, but honestly, I stink at follow through. I am not sure how many people will enjoy these recipes, but for me it has become a project I can actually say I completed! Hmm, maybe I WILL get some of my projects completed before Baby-M comes home. Speaking of Baby-M, we were able to see 5 new photos of him on snapfish this morning! He is growing! Oh how we long to meet him!!

This recipe this my favorite recipe from the “More With Less” cookbook. I have modified it slightly. I would really recommend this cookbook for those who like hearty food made from scratch! Not that many recipes are totally Shelly friendly, but many can be easily modified.

Pakistani Kima
1 pound ground beef
1 onion chopped
1-2 garlic cloves or garlic powder
2T curry powder
salt and pepper to taste
1t cinnamon
1t ginger
1t tumeric
2 cans diced tomatoes or equal of fresh ( I will use fresh tonight)
2-3 potatoes diced
1 can green beans drained (or frozen)

Brown meat with garlic and onions
Add spices tomatoes, potatoes, and green beans and simmer for 30 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
Serve over rice.
I might :) add more seasoning than this as I taste!

No comments: