Wednesday, October 23, 2019

1st Day of School

The first day of school finally arrived.  We asked the kids if they wanted to hold signs this year, but they were sure they did NOT want to.  We insisted that we still take pictures even without signs.  
T did wear her protective cap to school the first couple of days, but we took some pictures without it and some with it. 

I have never cried on the first day of school, but this was the closest I ever came to it.  The night before the first day I wrote a LONG letter to T's teacher explaining the surgery and all the other things that make our girl unique.  I was nervous it would be too much, that something awful would happen.  It was also M's last first day of elementary school.  I am so not ready for middle school and I found myself getting a little choked up as they drove away. 
1st Day of Second Grade!

Cheesy with mom in a bathrobe... how embarrassing.  

1st Day of 4th Grade! 

So thankful for this guy!

Brandon with both kiddos, ready to learn. 

T is ROCKING the post surgery look. 

The kids both had a great first day of school!  After school Coco was ready to greet T and jumped right into the van eager to come home with us haha.

T: It was so good to see Coco again!

T was very disciplined about doing her reading time immediately when she got home.

T: I asked mom to set a timer, but then I just kept reading anyway. 

M: I wanted some leftovers for my first snack. 

Ice cream, talking about their days, and reading, what a photo worth moment!!!

We have had a great start to the year.  I am so thankful for our wonderful school and the incredible teachers who are so giving and loving and wise.  We are blessed indeed.


No comments: