Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Labor Day Weekend Fun

On Sunday afternoon we were trying hard to find activities to do with T that wouldn't hurt her incision.  She is such a busy girl so it is hard to keep her down.  Once the puzzle was done she was bouncing off the walls.  We played some beanbags and then we got out the bubbles.  T and I laughed and laughed as she chased and popped bubbles.  Yes, she was doing some running, but it was  controlled and we were having great fun. 

T was singing songs from church and songs she made up the whole time.  What a gift. 


T: I am a good bubble catcher. 

T: Got you!


T: I did try to catch them with my tongue. 

T: I tried to pop them with my head too!

T: It tastes a bit gross. 

On Monday (Labor Day) we did some fun and some laboring.  Brandon and the kids tackled a big cleaning project on the inside of the van.  They also took the van to a very fancy carwash.  How fun to start the school year with a clean van.

T: I love to clean! 

After we got several jobs done. we headed to the park to play bocce ball and beanbags.  M really didn't want to go or play, but he was having fun from time to time.  It is tricky to make teams fair, but I know at some point both kids were smiling.  

T caught several bugs.  She is always very curious about bugs and creatures. We didn't get any pictures of bocce ball.  I guess we were all too focused.

T: I really wanted to take him home. 

A good friend was texting me asking how T's recovery was going and I looked up and saw T in a tree!  It was such an amazing thing to see how well she was doing.  However, it was very tricky to keep her from doing things that would damage her incision or where she would/could fall.

T: What mom?  It is a small tree. 
M: I guess it was sort of fun. 

T: I really focus when I play! 

T: Sometimes I blow bubbles so I can concentrate better.

The day had a feeling of finality knowing that school was going to be starting in the morning.  We were all eager for a routine, the kids just might not have known they were eager!


No comments: