Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Fair Day 2019

It is hard to believe that exactly 2 months ago we were making our annual trip to the county fair.  The months fly by so quickly.  We had a gorgeous weather day for the fair this year.  We have had cold and rainy years in the past, but this warm and sunny day was a wonderful gift.  

Once again we were able to take advantage of two hours of unlimited rides with our wristbands for friends with extra needs.  We are so thankful for this program and blessed to live in a place that gives little perks like this.  I will say that unlimited rides pretty much ruins all other fairs for my kids.  They went on so many rides in those two hours that we would have spent LOTS of money if we had to pay for them one at a time.  The kids probably went on their favorite ride over a dozen times (maybe over 2 dozen for T).  Each time would have been $4.00 had we used tickets.  As you can see this is a HUGE blessing! 

This year we met up with a dear friend and her son H so the kids could ride the rides together.  Sadly H gets motion sick so he didn't end up being able to do many of the faster rides. 


First up, the Dragon Mini-Coaster.

Many rounds of bumper cars. 

M:  H and I only did the ride one time and then he felt sick. 

M: I did the scrambler on my own. 

T:  Hello to my people!

Brandon and T are inside the scrambler bear. 

To say the kids were obsessed with the Rock Star would be an understatement.  T went on it continuously for 35 minutes!  I convinced them to sit together one time so I could get a pic with both of them.



There they go!

The whole thing moves back and forth.

Eventually it goes all the way up high and then falls(in a rotating way, not straight) down quickly.  T was smiling SO BIG!

When the rides were over we went into a couple of 4H project buildings which can be tricky for kids who like to touch things.  After that we were planning to go to the magic show but it was replaced by the music show that my kids don't love.  They endured it well and T was once again chosen for a major role a the drummer... it never fails.

Dancing. 

T: I really wanted to be the drummer!

After the show we checked out some displays.  M loves anything to do with police or military.  T loves posing!

M: I might do this one day...

M: ... or maybe this!

T:  I was a panting dog!
Next it was time to check out the animals.  The kids enjoy petting the animals and know to ask owners for permission and help so they don't scare the animals. 


M and T:  We got to go inside the sheep pen. 

The kids were wild and only pet the horse for a minute. 

T: I found a gentle and kind cow to pet!

M spotted a good buddy of his from second grade.  He was showing a cow for the first time and won every single award you can win for this cow.  Very impressive.  We needed a pic of these two and the famous cow!

M: I am proud of my friend C. 

Next up was the pigs. 

After the animals we saw that there was a lumberjack show starting soon.  The kids and I were very curious.  The show was impressive and very fun to watch.  The kids were eager to get autographs after the show.

racing across the logs. 

Getting autographs. 

Our crew with the lumberjacks!

After the lumberjack show they announced that they would be doing a free camp for kids to learn about logrolling.  The kids really wanted to do it so we said yes.  We did have to sign a waiver, but it all seems pretty dangerous!  The kids got soaked.  Thankfully because of T's tendency to forget bathroom breaks I had an entire extra set of clothes for her.  M handled the wetness pretty well.  It helped that it was quite hot that day.

M and H ready to go. 

M: It was really hard to balance on the spinning log. 

T:  This was my first try.  I think I did well. 

M: Check out my balance. 


Brother and Sister competition!

While M was drying in the sun T enjoyed the petting zoo.  When I wouldn't give her the money for feed she picked up little bits on the ground.  So resourceful!

T: I love these guys!

I was so wiped by this time.  We had been at the fair for about 6 hours.  T really wanted to see all the booths with free stuff.  We did a quick round so she could score crap I would soon toss treasures and then to the 4H crafting room so she could make a necklace and then we headed to the van.  It was a long day at the fair, but a very good day!  Thanks to places giving free popcorn and cider and candy and bringing our water bottles we were able to spend a full day at the first for free!!!

No comments: