Saturday, October 19, 2019

While the kids were in Missouri...


While the children were in Missouri Brandon and I enjoyed a lot of good time together.  We also got a lot of projects completed.  I worked double hard each day sorting papers and organizing bins and cabinets.  It is so freeing to go through things when the kids are not around to pluck things from a donation or recycling pile.  I try to do this some while they are at school, but the daily tasks always become consuming and things don't get done.  Because I was anticipating a busy fall with surgeries and all the classes meeting in our home, I saw this time as my big chance to get things done.  

Before I took the kids down to the meet up place we printed off a list of the states.  I kept the list going on the way home and was shocked and impressed by all the states and provinces I was able to find! 

Most fun car ride ever!

While the kids were gone I had to set up the fall schedule for the nursery.  Because of our unique bathroom situation during construction we needed 4 workers for every shift.  Lots of emails and planning!  Honestly, most of the day T was in surgery was spent finalizing nursery details. 


Rocking Volunteer Scheduler Pro!

So many papers to sort!

I also continued a massive project of taking photos of all the kids artwork to one day makes books of it.  We just can't keep everything, but this allows us to keep some of it.  I feel like this is a project that might take a long time to launch so I will keep you posted if I ever get it completed!

I blogged... a lot!  I was trying to catch up on months and months of posts.  Since the kids were in MO I have done 113 posts counting this one.  I got a massive start on the posts while the kids were gone which has helped me to stay the course this fall! I was six months behind and am now less than two months behind, but since I covered a lot of the surgery stuff live, I will catch up in no time.

Brandon and I had lots of time to talk talk and hang out and watch movies etc while the kids were gone. I was going to include the movie list in this post, but then I would never find it later... like other recommendations I have made in the past.  I tried to find them and couldn't.  Tomorrow I will do a little post on my recommendations for movies. 


No comments: