Saturday, October 5, 2019

October Surgery Part Six

We made it through the first night!  I did end up sleeping in M's room and setting a timer for every three hours.  I went to sleep at 10:00 when I gave him the meds. He fell asleep right away after that dose.  I got up at 1:00am for meds and again he went back to sleep quickly.  At 4:00am he needed to use the restroom and I think that woke him up more.  He really struggled to go back to sleep and was in a lot of pain.  I told him I would give him stronger meds in an hour if he was still awake.  He did end up falling back to sleep.  We both got up for the day at the 7:00 dosing.

Today has been a very unique day.  We are a very screen limited family in general.  Our kids complain about this daily haha.  I think we are breaking a screen record today! This morning we went to the library and got more movies and M has been watching movies most of the day.  I keep telling them this is a one weekend in a lifetime sort of thing and they acknowledge that they understand.


M has had visitors, cards, gifts, texts and calls.  He is feeling so loved by family and friends and we are so thankful!

We do plan to do all the Sunday morning activities because I can keep up on his meds since I will always be close by.  We are praying that his pain levels will be more manageable on Monday so that he can go longer without meds and be able to go to school.

The Dr's notes said M has to stay out of gym class and physical activity for three weeks.  I can't remember if I mentioned this yet.  This is not very exciting for M.  We are hoping it won't be that long, but trying to prepare him if it is.

Thank you all for checking in on us.  Please continue to pray for pain management.  He is so sore and it is hard to walk, stand straight etc. We may use stronger meds tonight.

I will probably do one more post tomorrow night to let you all know how Sunday went and then get back to regular blogging.

No comments: