Tuesday, October 1, 2019

My first "little guy" came to visit.

At least two lifetimes ago I nannied for an incredible family in Fargo/Moorhead.  Oh how special my time there was.  My sweet little D was my first little guy of many.  He was only two when I started and almost 4 when we said goodbye.  We shared such a special bond in those early years.  He was a ring bearer in our wedding.  He asked me, "Miss Shelly, when are we going to go on OUR honeymoon?" when he saw pics of Brandon and I in Mexico.  He and I had Wednesday night date nights.  Then we moved to seminary for 4 years and now to the Lake for 10 years.  Well, this little man is now a high school graduate, a real adult, a current college student... just like was when I met him!  OK, I am teary as I type this!  

Amazingly, they had a trip planned to our area and we were able to see them for a couple of hours.  What a joy it was to spend time with them and to catch up on my sweet boys now men! 

The crew!

No longer a baby!  I am so proud of this guy! 
After our friends left we stayed on at the park for playgroup and my kids climbed HIGH in the trees.  M is pretty much at the top of the tree the moms are standing under.  I had no idea how high he was until this point and was freaking out once I realized it.  I am thankful that I let him take the risk and thankful that he got out of the tree in one piece.

M: Can you spot me? 

M: can you find me now? 

No comments: