Sunday, October 27, 2019

Frontier Day!

One Saturday afternoon I took the kids to a special festival at an old world type of place.  They have about 30 buildings recreating frontier life in our area.  I LOVED being there.  I could have spent all day looking at the different houses and buildings. I grew up so in love with all things Little House and pioneer... the little girl in me was in heaven.  M hated it.  He thought it was the worst idea for an afternoon ever.  T loved it, though didn't really spend much time in any one place. It was an exhausting experience, but I am still very glad that we went. 

T: I loved the schoolhouse!

There was even a trapper there to explain things. 

M: I guess it was a little bit cool. 

The kids were very good at frontier games. 

I really wanted Mom to take a picture of me on the stairs. 

T: I learned how to do paper beading. 

There were so many activities we didn't get to do.  M was so frustrated that we ended up leaving early.  Next year I need to find something fun for M to do so that T and I can go alone and enjoy the afternoon there.  T also learned to "straw weave" which I will tell you all about in the next post.


No comments: