Monday, October 7, 2019

Swimming Party!

T has been struggling with sleep a lot for the past six months.  She will stay up LATE sometimes, even past midnight at times.  Most of the time there is something going on that has her wake up early.  We learned from the sleep therapist that having consistent wake up times in important.  However... sometimes, you have to embrace the chance to sleep in and go for it.  The day after M's Birthday we had a pool party to attend from 10:00-11:30.  I went into T's room to wake her at 9:58!  She really slept in! 

A sleeping beauty.  

I told T that if she jumped off the diving board I would too.  I struggle at times to be be a mix of iron mama laying down the rules and fun and spontaneous mama who is ready to laugh and play.  I decided to choose fun!  T jumped off the diving board and loved it.  I went to get the camera and got a couple of good shots of her epic first day off the boards.


Ready to jump!

Yahoo T!!!!

M wanted to take pics of me jumping off the board and I said that would be fine.  I love this shot he got.  I look at it and smile because I chose to be fun and carefree and make a memory with my kids. I also smile because I am 38 but still feel young and strong and healthy and I am so very thankful for this!


Embracing life!!!

While I was in line to go off the board again (I did do some diving but nothing fancy) T caught the corner of my eye.  She did a perfect flip off the board.  My jaw dropped to the pool deck!  What an adventure girl.  She also did some belly flops and came dangerously close to hitting her head on the board more than once.  No fear in that girl!

When we got home she made a beeline for a cozy blanket.  She was ready for a little nap.  She couldn't rest long because her final day of park was just an hour away!

T: I just wanted a little snooze. 


No comments: