Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Fall Ministry craziness!

The first week of school for the kids meant that the first Sunday School class was only days away.  Three classes are meeting in our home this fall.  The class I teach (4K-5K) meets in our basement.  I really wanted to make something special for them, so it felt like their regular classroom.  I spent many hours setting things up and I think it turned out very well.  

We can still have carpet time and our agenda and all the things we loved. 
We still have our orange table and our yellow table. 

The first Sunday went very well. We had 13 or 14 kiddos in our class!  It was hopping.  It was so fun to see all the kids again and to dig back into the Bible Storyline with them.  I feel so blessed to teach this crew!  The classes upstairs went well too. 1-3rd grade meets in our kitchen and 4-6th grade meeting in our family room.   Now that we have 6 weeks of classes under our belt things run much more smoothly and set up and tear down go much more quickly. 

This fall I took on a new role in the midweek kid's ministry program.  I became the "game leader."  This is a totally new role for me and a bit out of my wheelhouse.  I have learned a lot and I am having a lot of fun getting to work with each age group of kids.  They stretch me and wear me out, but I am so thankful for them!

Ball relays with the littles!

Constant motion at every age. 

No comments: