Friday, October 4, 2019

October Surgery Part Five (Home!)

We are home!  Even more incredible than that, M is currently sleeping, but let me rewind a bit.

After my last post from the recovery room M got more antsy and more hungry.  The nurse could only offer him apple sauce, but she finally just said he could eat the lasagna. I am thinking that children requesting mom's lasagna doesn't happen very often, because she seemed to get quite a kick out of it.   I was proud of him for only eating a small piece as the nurse suggested.
M: This is best thing I ever tasted!
Once he finished eating he started asking the nurse when he could go home and how much longer he had to stay.   For some reason he was running a low grade fever, but it wasn't a big concern.  Thankfully she said he could check out pretty quickly.

M: Let's get out of here!
We stopped at the in-house pharmacy and were able to get the Rx's very quickly.  He was still in no pain!

We were excited to be wheeling down the ramp toward the exit signs.  I was feeling so thankful and peaceful knowing that we could go home and not have to spend the night.
Green lights, Exit signs, Freedom soon!
Once we got to the car he was very eager to finish the lasagna.  I am pretty sure it was gone by the time we left Children's campus.
M:  I am so glad for heading home and lasagna!
The ride home was quiet uneventful.  We arrived home around 7:20.

M started to feel some pain around 8:00 and was sure that he wouldn't be able to sleep.  He isn't allowed to take more meds until 10:00. Thankfully he was convinced to try sleep and was sleeping before 9:00.

The plan is for me to sleep with him the next two nights so that I can give him rotating meds every three hours and not have to wake Brandon.  I am not specifically looking forward to this plan, but I want to stay on top of the pain.

Tomorrow he will be taking things pretty slow.  There might be a trip to the Apple Store planned for Brandon and the kids (my phone recall has been fixed so that would mean no more loaner phone.)  The kids love the game filled iPads and I love having the house empty to prep for Sunday.

Thank you so much to everyone who prayed.  We truly felt your prayers.  Feeling very weary but so very blessed tonight!

No comments: