Tuesday, October 22, 2019

School Supply Drop Off

Each year gathering and prepping school supplies always takes so much more time than I think it should.  I try my best to reuse things from past years so we are not buying more and more crayons and markers each year.  This takes a lot of time but saves money.  This year I got all of the supply prep done while the kids were in MO.  After I gathered all our home supplies I put off shopping until that last day.  Sadly, yellow folders were sold out everywhere and I had to go to 3 stores to find them. When I finally found them at Target I got the final three they had... it felt like Black Friday!  There is nothing like the solidarity of moms in the back to school section.  We all help each other.  We relate.  We are like a special sisterhood! 

The final three folders... maybe next year I won't procrastinate... maybe... 

After a late night at the ball game we had a bit more of a low key day.  We had playgroup in the morning and an OT visit in the afternoon.  We also went to a special library to get lots of books and even iPads to use after surgery. My mom also arrived in the afternoon and went with us to school supply drop off.  We were there for quite a while checking out the new games on the playground and chatting with the kids friends.  

T: I am so excited to have Mrs M!  I have wanted her since M had her. 

M: I know I am going to have a good year with Mrs. D!

I was able to get a pic of M with his name on the Birthday board.

Summer Birthday chart!

That evening we were all relaxing and Brandon and T were so cozy reading independently and yet together!

Two readers!

T: I love reading books as soon as I get them home from the library. 

T ate a great dinner and we had an early bedtime... surgery day was almost here.



No comments: